• Kathy’s annual Holiday Restorative Workshops
December 14, 9-noon or 2-5pm
Pamper yourself before the “holi-daze” with 3 full hours of poses designed to release stress, boost the immune system and restore lost vitality. These workshops will focus on the yoga positions that encourage relaxation at the deepest level. Both workshops are open to all levels of students.
Cost for either time: $35
Coming in 2014:
• January 25th Yoga for Healthy Knees workshop with Kathy
• February 15th Kathy's Annual Back Bending Workshop
• Weekend Workshop with Senior Iyengar Teacher
John Schumacher, April 25-27 (details soon)
• Patricia Walden returns for her annual workshop at Blue Lake Ranch's Event Barn in Hesperus, July 20-25.
PATRICIA WALDEN is a uniquely inspiring teacher who is renowned for her keen observation, the dynamic depth of her teaching, and the elegant refinement of her practice. She is one of only two North Americans who hold a senior advanced certificate in the Iyengar method.
Patricia came to yoga in her early 20s, as a spiritual calling. In 1976 She became B.K.S. Iyengar’s student and has been traveling to Pune to study with him every year since. Under Guruji’s guidance, she has developed her own methodical and inspirational approach to practice and teaching.
Patricia has been a prominent figure in the evolution of yoga in the United States.
THE RIDGEWOOD EVENT CENTER located fifteen miles from Durango and one mile from the Blue Lake Ranch Bed & Breakfast, is a beautiful structure with a spectacular view of the La Plata Mountains. The barn, with its southern yellow pine floors, is an ideal place to practice Yoga. Surrounded by large cottonwood trees, the space is filled with plenty of natural, soft, filtered light that streams through the barn's many large windows.
Our meals will be served on the large portal that surrounds the building. The portal, supported by beams that were hand carved in Mexico, opens up to the fields, forest and river.
BLUE LAKE RANCH evolved from a simple 1910 homestead to a luxurious European style Country Estate. From the elegantly appointed Main Inn to the secluded garden cottages there are unsurpassed views of Blue Lake, the gardens and the 13,000 ft. La Plata Mountains. Accommodations at the ranch include a full, daily breakfast and afternoon tea.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDANCE:
• Have practiced Iyengar yoga for a minimum of 5 years
• Have a consistent home practice
• Be able to go up into adho mukha vrksasana at the wall without assistance
• Be able to hold sirsasana for a minimum of 5 minutes and also be able to do variations in sirsasana (beyond the 5 minute basic holding time)
• Be able to hold sarvangasana for a minimum of 10 minutes and also be able to do variations in sarvangasana and halasana (beyond the basic 10 minute holding time)
• Be able to push up into urdhva dhanurasana
• Have a regular pranayama practice and be able to do digital pranayama
SPECIAL NOTE: If you have an injury or other challenges, you need to know how to work with them on your own. If anyone has a neck issue, that shouldn't prevent them from coming.
ACCOMMODATIONS are available at Blue Lake Ranch. Contact them directly for information and to make reservations. Phone 970-385-4537 or 888-258-3525 •Email: email@example.com, or visit their web site at http://www.bluelakeranch.com
There are a limited number of rooms available in local students' homes (for a reasonable fee). Contact Kathy for information and to make arrangements.
Camping is available in La Plata Canyon (about 10 miles north of the workshop location). A wide range of accommodations is available in Durango. Click on: http://www.durango.org for details or call 970-247-3500.
FEE: $850. Includes: yoga classes as well as a gourmet vegetarian lunch and dinner Sunday through Thursday and lunch on Friday. FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE ACCOMMODATIONS.
$425 deposit is required to hold your spot. The balance of $425 is due May 1st.
If you decide to cancel your reservation before June 20, you will be given a refund (less $150. nonrefundable deposit) only if your space can be filled.
No refunds after June 20.
Make checks payable to Kathy Curran
10829 C. R. 120, Hesperus, CO 81326
web site: http://www.4cornersyoga.com
Classes will start Sunday, July 20 at 9:30am & end Friday, July 25th after lunch.
Please bring the following yoga props:
(3 blankets, sticky mat, 2 blocks, 2 straps, bolster and eye wrap)
If you cannot bring these props, please let Kathy know when you register for the workshop.
• Edwin Bryant returns October 24-26 for a weekend workshop